some of these simple tips
to increase the value of your home
prior to selling.
- Open up the space, if you can eliminate partial walls & exposed posts you'll create an open concept space that many buyers today are looking for.
- Update lighting & outdated fixtures like your front door hardware & interior doorknobs.
- Paint the house interior with a neutral tone in an eggshell finish.
- Remove all outdated wallpaper.
- De-clutter your interior, exterior & garage. By de-personalizing the interior, buyers will be able to picture themselves living there.
- Update the kitchen hardware & change appliances to stainless. If possible, add an island but keep in mind that you require 30" of space between counters.
- Update the kitchen backsplash with a classic subway tile & change out the lighting. Paint unattractive kitchen cabinets or have them re-surfaced.
- Replace the faucets in both the kitchen & bathrooms.
- Remove all popcorn ceilings.
- Change out light switch & outlet covers.
- Create a functional outdoor entertaining space.
- Add curb appeal by painting or replacing the front door.
- Add large planters on either side of the front door so it's inviting.
photos courtesy of pinterest