Steps to creating a stylish bookcase:
Step One: Clean
- take everything off of the shelves
Step Two: Organize
- organize books by colour
Step Three: Arrange
- arrange books into groups based on their colour & pattern
- using the hard cover books will be more helpful as they will stand up vertically without slumping
- if you don't have enough books in the same colour, a good trick is to turn the books around to show it's pages. This adds interest & creates a neutral palette amongst all of the colour.
Step Four: Art
- add in frames & artwork onto shelves.
- another way to add interest is by painting or wallpapering the back of the shelves.
Step Five: Groups
- we all own small decor pieces that may not look good on their own
- place these items on the shelves amongst the books to fill in those small spaces that have been left bare
Follow all of the steps above
voila you have a stylish bookcase.
photos courtesy of pinterest