When we think of dining rooms,
oftentimes we think
it should be a formal space.
With formal comes uniformity.
If your looking to create
a more cozy
comfortable dining space
consider mismatching your chairs.
Here are some helpful tips for creating a mismatched dining space:
1. First pick your table-this will make it easier to pick chairs that are the correct height.
2. Check your chair options-look at the chairs you already have. If you like the shape of the chairs simply add a fresh coat of paint & reupholster them.
3. Uniform height-your chairs should have a uniform height. You want to be comfortable while sitting around the table.
4. Mix modern & vintage styles
5. Mix finishes-consider using a bench combined with metal stools & upholstered chairs.
6. Always be creative...
* Helpful Hints *
* Use the same chairs in different colors.
* Use different chairs in the same color.
* Use the same chair with different upholstery.
photos courtesy of pinterest