We're seeing more
with open shelving.
They can be
with any kitchen design.
This is a very modern
open concept kitchen (shown above)
the open shelves
allow for some visual interest.
You can display items you love for everyone to see.
There are a
to create open shelving.
You can install
instead of upper cabinets
or simply remove the doors
off of your
Tips for creating a stunning look with open shelving:
- Have a variety of objects mixed together such as curved with straight pieces, small with large and stacked bowls with individual pieces.
- Put the things you use everyday on the lower shelves.
- Only display items you really love.
- Mix in decorative pieces like baskets, vases & frames.
- Depending on your personal style you can stay quite neutral with the pieces you put on the shelves or if your someone who enjoys a lot of color don't be afraid to go that way in your design.
If you keep things
it is always fun
to tile the backsplash
in a stunning natural stone mosaic
glass tile like is shown in the picture above.
photos courtesy of pinterest