do's & don't
of Interior Design
* Do use different textures in a room to add interest to the space.
* Do enhance a small space with a few large furniture pieces.
* Do choose accessories that emphasize the color palette used in the space.
* Do play with design trends when you need a change.
* Do make a floor plan & take it with you when shopping for furniture & accessories.
* Don't hang small canvases, pictures or mirrors on a large bare wall, they will get lost.
* Don't choose paint colors in store, take samples home & check the colors in your own lighting.
* Don't have to many things on display at one time, it can make shelving & furniture tops look cluttered.
Remember to put your own personality into the design of your home.