I paint my front door
black front door
can be both elegant
works well with all other
only thing to keep in mind
is if you don't have contrasting colors
to act as a backdrop,
black may make your entry
feel dark which isn't what
you want for your
the picture shown above
the black door
is definitely dramatic but is offset nicely
with the white trim
great tips to keep in mind
when decorating your
front step or porch:
- your garage door doesn't need to be painted to match your front door but they should blend.
- choose a larger light fixture for your front door area.
- add a mailbox for decoration.
- choose house numbers in a contrasting color.
- make your home seem larger by adding flower pots in the same or similar color as your front door.
- select door hardware that you love. There are many styles & finishes to choose from such as gold, bronze, nickel, chrome & black.
- paint is easy to change so don't worry about making a mistake with the color, you can always change it.
photos courtesy of pinterest